Tax Free Shopping
Luxury Watches and Jewelry
Official seller of the most prestigious watchmaking and jewellery houses, our jeweller’s shop located at 37, Place Jean Bart in Dunkerque offers you tax-free shopping.
What is tax-free shopping?
Tax-Free Shopping allows worldwide buyers to deduct VAT from their purchase. On large amounts of money such as luxury goods, recovering the VAT allows for significant savings on the final price. For luxury goods - watches, jewels etc -, this represents a saving of 20% on the total price.
Who benefits from this 20% offer?*
- Travellers with a habitual residence in a non-EU (European Union) country.
- At least 16 years old.
- Be a visitor to France for less than 6 months.
- The amount of your purchase must be over 100 euros.
If you meet the above conditions, an export sales note signed by the buyer and the seller will be given to you in person when you visit our jewellery store.
This valuable document and your goods must be presented to customs officials when you check in your luggage.
If you are travelling by private transport (e.g. car), this slip and your purchases must also be presented. This formality must be completed before the end of the third month following the month in which your purchase was made.
*Please note that you will be asked to present your passport or a valid identity card if you are resident in a country outside the EU but belonging to the Schengen area (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein).
Dunkerque, a strategically located place
Northernmost city in France, Dunkerque enjoys an absolutely exceptional geographical location. Located 300 km north of Paris, the city is also a short drive and train ride from London, Brussels and Amsterdam.
Buying at Verhoeven duty free allows you to benefit from the following advantages:
- Save up to 20% on your purchase.
- Benefit from a wider range of products. When you buy tax-free, you have access to a wider range of products than those available with VAT. VAT restrictions do not apply.
- Better management of your budget. Not paying VAT - 20% for luxury products in France - allows you to save more money for other expenses or to save for the future. A significant advantage!
- A simplified buying process. When you buy tax-free, you don't have to worry about the paperwork involved in invoicing with VAT, which can simplify the buying process considerably.
@ Dunkerque Promotion
How to come to the store?
From Paris: by car - 3 hrs 45 mins via the A1 - or by train - 2 hrs from Gare du Nord.
From London: by car - 3 hrs 55 mins via the Channel Tunnel - or by train - 3 hrs journey with a connection at Lille Europe.
From Brussels: by car - 2 hrs via the E40 - or by train - less than 1 hour from Brussels Midi.
From Amsterdam: by car - 3 hrs 45 mins via the E40 - or by train - about 5 hrs with a connection at Paris Gare du Nord.
37 Place Jean Bart, Dunkerque (59140) FRANCE
Monday 2.30 PM - 7 PM
Tuesday to Saturday 9.30 AM - 12 AM, 2.30 PM - 7 PM